Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Why a Marathon?

My husband, David, and I are set to complete our first marathon on October 10, 2010 in Chicago. This has been a life goal of David's as his father has run multiple marathons.

As for me? Well, to be completely honest, marathons have never been my thing ... but I guess it's growing on me. =)

It all started when I was talked into the Heart Throb 5k in February of 2009. Then it was the Capital City River Half Marathon in September later that same year. More 5k races followed. Then, my unofficial race partner, Lynda, mentioned she wanted to do the full Chicago Marathon. The rest is history and here I am. =)

For the record, David is running the marathon and is undergoing the grueling 18-week training program.  I'm walking it and hoping for the best!  (Yes, I'm training too....)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys! I hope to do a marathon one day. Thanks for paving the way for the rest of us! We will definitely be cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete