Sunday, September 26, 2010

Lansing Half Marathon


David and I, along with other members of Team Revolution, just finished the Lansing Half-Marathon today!  This coincided with our marathon training program.  David met his goal of sub-2 hours, coming in at 1:46. 


I met my goal of staying at/above a 14:00 min/mile pace (which is the pace "they" say I need to have for a half marathon if I want to finish a whole in 6:29), and sub-3 hours, coming in at 2:53, with an average 13:16 min/mile pace! On top of that, I was so excited because I actually ran the last 3.1 miles!  It was thrilling to be able to do that for the first time, after having walked 10 miles. 


Another source said we could expect a marathon to take us twice as long as a half, plus 30 minutes.  So hopefully, we are right on track.  

Chicago, here we come!  

Thank you for your pledges!

No comments:

Post a Comment